What does YOUR HAIR say about YOU?
I will be hosting a panel debate at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) asking that very question.
Other questions include:
- Why do so many black women who appear on TV prefer to wear their hair straight rather than rock their afro type hair ?
- Have you ever wondered if your afro, braids or weave is right for the job?
- Do men prefer women with long swinging hair?
- What impact would rejecting Wigs, Weaves, Braids & Relaxers have on the black girl and woman’s self esteem?
- Is your hair anybody’s business but your own?
- Does the natural hair community look down on women who wear weaves wigs and relaxers?
This talk forms part of the BBC’s Black and Asian Forums (BBAF), Black History Month (October) celebrations and takes place in a theatre space in BBC Broadcasting House in central London, on 21st October 2015 at 7pm, and best of all it’s FREE, but spaces are limited, (See foot of poster for details).
But worry not, if you can’t make it to London, it will be filmed for social media, and I will post it here on my site.