I know I’m not alone when I say I HATE having to detangle my hair because:
- It’s time consuming. Even though I have it down to a fine art now it still takes me at least 2 hours
- No matter how patient I try to be I end up breaking my hair when I momentarily get impatient.
- Those pesky fairy knots on the tail end of most (it seems like) strands of my hair. If that wasn’t bad enough then then prevent me from tackling clips of hair knotted together. As I meticulously try to separate my hair the fairy knots do there damdest, they prevent me from sliding individual hairs out and thus freeing my hairs which means I have to resort to snapping my hair to free it.
- The mess. Because I rarely comb my hair with a comb or brush there are usually 100’s of hairs ready to shed, interwoven into my hair and the mess, my hairs are everywhere by the time I’ve finished. My bathroom floor and sink are laden with hairs.
The only time I get Pleasure
I actually feel a sense of joy when I’m at least able to detangle my hair in a public place, like:
- Standing at a bus stop, yes I have I tackle one section at a time.
- In the cinema, yes sorry I have but let’s face it they have to sweep up all that popcorn anyway
- But my all time favourite place… Is on a beach. Preferably an empty beach long after most people have gone back to their hotels, whilst I watch the sun go down. I can even pull out my conditioner for extra slip and comb for final comb-through and there’s no tidying up to do. I catch what hairs I can and the rest? Well they are probably in Australia by now.